Who wants to make a fun, oilcloth tote bag? Perfect to make as gifts or for carrying around those larger knitting projects. You are sure to want to make more and more of these super-useful bags!
This project is perfect for beginners getting to grips with using a sewing machine for the first time, as well as anyone who wants a refresher. Our easy to follow instructions will keep you on track, but it would help us greatly if you know how to thread up the machine and sew a straight(ish) line.
Through following the instructions you will pick up a number of useful sewing skills.
You will learn:
- How to draw your pattern onto your fabric
- How to accurately cut fabric
- How to sew simple seams
- How to do simple topstitching
- Your choice of fabric from our oilcloth collection
- A co-ordinating piece of webbing for the straps
- An easy to follow instruction sheet with illustrations.
Suitable for complete beginners who have never used a sewing machine or haven’t done so for a very long time.